In early June I posted about my goals for the summer and what I hoped to accomplish. Upon revisiting those goals today I realized I am majorly slacking in one of those areas, my blog! I had made an action plan for every other category except for my blog and I am someone that thinks there truly is a major difference between making a goal and making an action plan to achieve your goal. In early June, it overwhelmed me to even begin thinking about writing an action plan for my blog, but now after almost a month of observing other bloggers, I have a pretty good plan for the month. While I am still very new, it is all about baby steps to get to where you want to be.
This month I hope to focus on two major social media networks: Pinterest and Facebook.
- Pinterest After a little bit of research I learned that Pinterest is currently one of the best ways to market your posts. This month I hope to grow my college, fashion, beauty, and fitness boards by pinning to each at least five times a day. I obviously won’t just be pinning my own posts, but others as well so that when I do pin my posts I can get as many eyes on them as possible.
- Facebook I made a Facebook page for my blog and hope to start utilizing it. For the month of July I hope to concentrate on posting content to my page rather than gaining followers. My goal is to post five times a week with posts including my blog posts, a shout out to other bloggers, viral videos/articles, links to my other social media accounts, and photos from my day. Facebook is an ever changing algorithm and it’s hard to get your posts seen, which is why I’ve chosen to stick with just getting content onto it this month!
For the month of July I hope to post three times a week and have quality content and photos.
- Consistency One of my biggest problems obviously was consistently posting content on this blog. While I had sat down and written out a calendar of posts for the month of June, it just wasn’t working for me. So instead of stating exactly what post I want to do on what day, I wrote a list of post ideas for the month of July with the goal of posting three times a week. That way, I don’t feel rushed or behind schedule if I don’t get a certain post up by a certain day. Gotta contain the complete perfectionist in me somehow.
- Quality Content and Photos A major weakness for me is the inability to catch spelling and grammar issues within my own writing. I always read over my posts before publishing, but I still seem to overlook some things. This month I’m hoping to write a post one day and then read over it and edit it the next day to prevent spelling and grammar errors as much as I can. And as for my photos, well, I’m hoping that they will be better than my pitiful daily make-up photo. I honestly thought that photo was wonder and was super excited with how it looked in editing. Then I posted it on my blog and realized it’s not too wonderful. My photography skills have gotten a little rusty, so I’m hoping to pick up my camera one or two times a week to get back into taking quality photos.
- Better Post Introductions While I feel that the content within my posts is good, I’m not a big fan of my opening paragraphs. I edit and rewrite them several times before posting, but they still don’t have the flow that I would like them to have. I’m hoping this is something that will improve as time goes on, but if you have any tips please let me know in the comments below!
The Blogging Community and Building an Audience
- The Blogging Community This month I really hope to start getting to know other within the blogging community, specifically high school and college bloggers. My goal is to comment on 3-5 blogs every day at least. I mentioned above that supporting each other is a huge deal as well, so I would also like to post about a blogger I’ve come across on my Facebook page at least once a their blog.
- Building an Audience This part of my goal is where I am still scratching my head, as I’m not sure of the exact places that you can build an audience, but I do hope that some will come from Pinterest and commenting on other blogs.
In the next two months…
In the next two months I would like to apply to at least one blogging community, so I hope to do some research during the month of July to figure what the requirements are to get on with the network. I would also like to reach 5,000 page views a month by the end of August.
- BlogHer I would absolutely love to be able to get on with the BlogHer network, so I’m hoping to do some research into what the company wants within their bloggers so that I can apply in mid-late August.
- Pageviews I know that it is silly and seems like a fairly low number to many of you, but I would love to see 5,000 page views a month by the end of August. I’m hoping to get a good amount of this traffic from Pinterest and Facebook.
What are your blogging goals for the month of July? Do you have any goals that you would like to accomplish in the next two months? I would love if you shared in the comments below!